Tuesday 21 May 2013

Top 3 Foundations

I have had a very hard time looking for the right foundations because I have very dry skin, not many blemishes and just tiny imperfections. I am sure most of you must have heard about these foundations as they are used in a lot of the YouTube makeup videos, but I wanted to share my opinion about these foundations. My top 3 foundations are:



1) Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum 
I heard about this foundation from Pixiwoo, they absolutely love this foundation! So I thought I would give it a try and see for myself. I love trying new products because that way, I can see whats better for me. This is available at Superdrug for £10.99. It is a Gel foundation, says it lasts for 16 hours  and my color is 55. This foundation smells absolutely amazing, has a very fruity smell. I would say the coverage is light and dewy. I would not recommend this foundation for oily skin because it is very dewy. I have not worn it for 16 hours, but it does last a very long time, I do powder slightly around my nose and chin area, because it can look a little shiny. However this is a good foundation for people with good skin because it does not cover blemishes as much. I wear this foundation on a regular basis, when I am going to work, shopping or even to University. The only drawback is, it does not have an SPF in it, so you would have to wear your regular sun protecting cream before you apply this foundation. 

Overall, I would give this foundation a rating on 7.5,  would defiantly recommend it for dry skin, but not oily skin

2) DIORSKIN FOREVER foundation

This was my first high-end foundation that I bought from House of Fraser, I am in love with this foundation. It is a bit more on the pricey side, it costs £32, however it is definitely worth the price. My color in this foundation is number 031, it has an SPF of 25, which is incredible. I usually wear this foundation on special occasions, again it is suitable for dry skin. But I wouldn't say it's super dewy, I think people with normal skin can get away with wearing this foundation, obviously powdering the whole face would be important. It feels like silk when it goes on the skin, it is not too heavy, but it is a build-able foundation. I usually like to go for more of a natural look, I do not like my foundation to be heavy, so I like to really blend this foundation using my real techniques stippling brush. The stippling brush helps blend, but you still get some coverage with it.  

Overall, I would give this foundation a rating on 8 out of 10. Please note this is my opinion on the foundation, I like to give things a try and see what suits my skin, and I believe everyone has different skin and they should give something a try before they purchase it. 

3) CHANEL VITALUMIERE AQUA foundation

I went through missions trying to get a match-up for this foundation. Every Chanel counter I would go to, for some reason, the salesperson was not in. So I finally got this foundation and I can say, this is the best lightest foundation I have ever tried! It costs £32, so the same as the Dior foundation, my color in this foundation is number 50 Beige and this foundation has an SPF of 15. Because it is a water-based foundation you do have to shake it quite a bit (I would recommend shaking all your foundations before application). The coverage of this foundation is quite dewy, and it is very light, it does not cover blemishes properly, so you would have to use a good concealer. This foundation is perfect for people who have amazing flushed skin who like their skin to show through foundations. It does not sit heavy at all on the face, perfect for dry skin. Once again, I do like to powder the center of my face a tiny bit because I prefer my cheeks to be dewy rather than my whole face. This foundation is not as build-able as the Dior one, but I still like it when I feel my skin does not need much coverage, I like to apply this foundation with a foundation brush, because using a buffing brush will just make the foundation even thinner and you do not want that. 

I would give this foundation a rating of 9.5 out of 10, because I just love it so much! 

Please do let me know how you feel about these foundations, so that I can get an insight of what everyone thinks, also let me know what your favorite foundations are! 


Lots of Love
Avi 
xx

2 comments:

  1. love the bourjous healthy mix serum! its so good!

    please check out my blog:

    http://anastasia-flo.blogspot.co.uk

    flo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is amazing!

      Had a look at your blog! Amazing blog
      xx

      Delete