Monday 28 April 2014

My Top 3 Concealers and How I Use Them

Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well. So, I decided to share my top 3 concealers. I have been through so many concealers, never to find the correct one to suit my skin. Finally, I have 3 concealers that I love and use everyday to conceal imperfections. It's all about trial and error in order to find something you love. 

1) MAC Pro-longwear concealer



This is my no.1, go-to concealer, I have never found anything like it. It has a very rich creamy consistency, it is highly pigmented, so a very small amount goes a long way. The concealer name says it all, this stuff stays put and does not budge at all. I usually use this as my under eye concealer, it does not crease at all. Every concealer that I have tried so far has creased, even if I have set it with a setting powder. I have been using this for a few months and it is a life saver. 

I usually pump a small amount at the back of my hand and dab some on my under eyes, my favourite way of blending this is using the sharp end of my beauty blender, which I will be reviewing very soon as well. 

The shade I use is NW30, this concealer costs £15.50 and can be purchased at a normal MAC store. 

2) Benefit's Erase Paste

Benefit's Erase Paste is a pink-undertone corrector. I am actually yellow toned, but this stuff works amazingly for me. It is a super thick consistency and very pigmented. This needs to be blended in very well and you only need a tiny amount. 

I usually use this on any scaring that I have on my face, I use the smallest amount just to cover up and correct my skin. I swear by this product, it is really good. I use erase paste first then use my foundation or tinted moisturiser on top. The shade I use is in deep no.3, but is available in 3 shades, light medium and deep. 

This can be used under the eyes as a corrector, but like I said earlier everything creases under my eyes apart from Pro-longwear.

This concealer costs £20.50. 

3) Benefit's Boi-ing concealer 



Finally, Benefit's industrial strength concealer, boi-ing is my last, but not least favourite concealer. This concealer is so good that when I am not in a mood to wear foundation, I use a buffing brush to pop this all over my face just to perfect the skin. It doesn't feel or look cakey at all, but gives full coverage. 

I usually use this after applying erase paste and my foundation to add a finishing touch. The shade I use is no.3 medium. 

This concealer costs £17.50. 

I hope you guys have enjoyed reading this, let me know what concealers you use and which ones are you favourite. 

Lots of Love
Avi 
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment