Tuesday 18 November 2014

Rosehip Oil Review

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well. Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who reads my blogs, really means a lot.

I'm going to introduce you to an amazing product that I have been using for just a week and have seen absolutely amazing results. So I wanted to share Rosehip Oil with you all. Rosehip Oil is known as an anti-ageing product as it improves elasticity of the skin and provides a lot of radiance to the skin. 

There are lot's of different brands that produce Rosehip Oil, however, if it is 100% Rosehip Oil, it will work the same no matter what brand its from. The one I use is by A'kin, an Australian brand, which you can get it in the UK. I purchased mine here for £18, it is a small bottle and contains 23ml of product in it. It is the same with all brands as you only need a small amount of product to cover the entire face.


I have read a lot of reviews about this product and must say it is not for everyone unfortunately. Some people have said that this product really broke them out and gave them milia, so I would say do your research before purchasing it. Look into what type of skin you have. However, it is a great product for more mature skin as it is a very strong anti-ageing oil as mentioned earlier.

It is for Dry/Normal and Sensitive skin, which I have. I don't think I would put this on oily skin as that could result in clogging the pores.


Working in the beauty industry, I have tried and tested so many products to get rid of my blemish prone skin and have normal skin, and to be honest nothing has worked as great as this. It is a dry oil and you only need 2-3 drops to cover the entire face (3-4 drops suggested on the packaging, however I think that is way too much). 



It has really improved the texture of my skin, feels softer than what it was before and a lot clearer. I must say the first 2 nights of using, this product did break me out, but only a very tiny amount, I have had worse before. But after that, I have witnessed smooth skin and the scaring from previous blemishes seems to have reduced. 

I have been finding different ways of using this product, my favourite way of using this is mixing it with my night moisturizer (Read here on my skincare routine). Being an anti-ageing product, I think it is still a very strong product from my 20-something skin, reason being the itching sensation I get when I wear it on its own, however, works perfectly fine when diluted. I do use this product around my under eye area as well, but I only use a very very small amount.

I find it has also really given my skin that radiant glow I was always looking for. I do tend to use this on my lips as well, which has made my lips a lot rosey looking as well.

Many people use it for different reasons, you can even you this on your hair or scalp if you have dry and itchy scalp, for scaring, for treating acne/blemishes. I have read it is a brilliant product for men as well. 

Here's a before and after of my skin, with makeup on:


In order for your makeup to go on smoothly, you need good skin. You can see in the picture on the left, my skin looks very rough and has a lot of blemishes. This photograph was taken a few weeks ago. Photograph on the right, which was taken on Sunday (16/11/14) shows smoother looking skin. Please note these photos are taken from the same phone frontal camera and none of them have been retouched or edited. They have been taken in natural day light.

Also another reason to why I did not post a photograph without makeup on is because the little blemishes do not pick up well on the camera, where as with makeup on, you can see what the surface of the skin is like. 

Overall, I would give Rosehip Oil a 5/5 rating, however, would say please do your research before purchasing. 

Lots of Love, 
Avi 
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment