Friday 25 October 2013

Makeup Haul

Hey everyone! For those of you who follow me on instagram should have seen a picture of what I had bought for my kit. I am still building my make-up kit, so I thought I would get a few bits and bobs. I went to M.A.C, Kiko cosmetics, Tophsop, Urban decay and Benefit.


Lets start off with what I bought from M.A.C. The foundations I use on my clients are all the studio fix foundations. I needed a lighter colour for Caucasian skin, so I went for the lightest colour in the foundation and concealer which is NC15. You can always mix foundations to get the true colour of your client. 


Foundation cost£21.50 and studio fix concealer £15.

I needed a dark lip pencil for my kit, so I bought Nightmoth (£12). Its a gorgeous dark purple colour, great for a Halloween look, editorial makeup or just when you want a dark lip with a nude eye. 


One thing I really needed in my makeup kit was eyebrow pencils, I use eyeshadows to define eyebrows, although sometimes, its good to have a backup plan incase someone wants a strong eyebrow.


Fling is for lighter/blonde eyebrows, where as stud for darker brows, looks black, but it is a dark brown. Both pencils are a crayon formula which is great for a strong brow. They cost £13 each. 

Moving onto Topshop, I got a lipstick called Ruthless to go with Nightmoth. Ruthless is a very similar colour to Cyber by M.A.C, its super dark and a cheaper version, costs £8.

It looks black in the lipstick tube, however, it is a very rich purple, perfect for autumn or winter. 

I went into Kiko Cosmetics, I have been loving their makeup, its affordable and the products are highly pigmented. I got a lipstick in 914, its a nice burgundy/plummy tone, similar (not exactly) to M.A.C's Rebel lipstick. Cost £3.90, it is very creamy formula. 



I also a golden lipgloss with a touch of glitter in 113 (£4.90), once again I got this for my photo-shoots because it screamed editorial makeup when I saw it. 


The most important thing that was missing in my kit was eyebrow gel. I got out of M.A.C and remembered that I needed brow gel. So popped into Debenhams and went to the benefit counter and came across the speed brow gel (£13) in neutral. 


This seems pretty handy, as the lady did a little demo on my eyebrows and seemed to work fine!

Finally, I quickly went to the Urban Decay Counter to get some eyeshadow primer. I usually use a concealer as a primer on clients which works fine. But I have come across some clients who have oily lids and do need a primer. I have heard amazing things about this primer potion, costs £15. 


Once I have used these products, I will do a review. Watch this space for a blog on what's in my professional makeup kit. 

Thank you for reading. 
Lots of Love, 
Avi 
xx





2 comments: