Sunday 3 November 2013

What's In My Make-up Kit: Skincare

Hi Everyone! So I thought I'd blog about what is in my professional make-up kit. I am going to break this down in sections because there is a lot of stuff in my professional make-up kit, and I am only going to cover the necessary bits. This is going to give you some tips on what you would need if you are a starting up a career in makeup. This is blog will give you an idea of what type of skincare products will be needed in your kit. 


I always ask a client if they are comfortable with me using my skincare products. Some clients have sensitive skin and prefer to use their own skincare, so always ask. 

1) Moisturiser

Whether the clients skin is oily or dry, hydrating the skin before application of makeup is important. I usually use the Pharmagel Firma Derma moisturiser, costs £26 and is available to purchase on www.pharmagel.co.uk


This moisturiser works for any skin types, it is an anti-ageing mosituriser. This works best on my clients, and I feel that it does not feel too heavy on the skin, or doesn't look greasy or shiny. 

2) Primers 

I have 2 types of primers in my kit, for dry skin and for oily skin. For dry skin I use the M.A.C Strobe cream, costs £23.50. 

I really like this primer as it instantly wakes the skin up. It has a slight pinky tint to it to brighten the skin. It also minimizes pores, as you can see below (no editing involved): 


For oily skin, I use the Supercover ultimate face primer, can be purchased at www.supercovermakeup.co.uk , for £30. 


This is a clear gel, helps reduce pores and really helps foundation to stay on for a long time. 

3) Setting Spray 

I do recommend a setting spray, just to really allow makeup to set and last for a long time, reduce shine and allow makeup to look natural. I use the Supercover Hydrating spray, once again can be purchased from www.supercovermakeup.co.uk  for £10, although M.A.C do a nice setting spray called Fix+. 

4)Makeup removers/wipes 

Final skincare product to have in your kit is make-up removers and/or wipes. I use the M.A.C Gently off eye and lip remover, £15, shake well before use as it is made out of oil and water. Its super gentle and works well to remove water proof makeup too. 



I would recommend wipes like Simple or Johnsons baby wipes, mainly because they do not have harsh ingredients. 

Watch out for my next post on what's in my make-up kit for more ideas on what is needed to start up as a makeup artist. 

Thank you for reading
Lots of Love 
Avi 
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment