Thursday 21 November 2013

My Favourite Lipsticks

Hi everyone! Hope your all doing well. So I thought I'd share some of my favourite lip colours with you all. Some of these colours are my everyday wear lipsticks and just love them! All of them are M.A.C lipsticks apart from one which is my all time favourite, Rouge Dior, so lets get started!


Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the poor swatches, as my camera just refused to pick up the colour of the neutral shades. I had to retake the swatch pictures quite a few times. I am going to show you my favourite neutral shades. All Mac lipsticks featuring in this post cost £15 each. 


This particular colour is Shangai Spice, it is a cremesheen finish. It is a lovely nude coral which has a very sheer finish. Perfect for the days you wear a heavy eye with a sheer lipstick. 


I love this shade, one of Mac's universal shades, Angel. It is a frost lipstick, I wasn't really a fan of this when i bought it as it is a pale pink. But I got used to it, I usually mix this with Mac's limited edition lipstick called Tangerine dream, a super orange shade. I did a post on it which can be seen here. However, I do wear this on its own too. 


This lipstick featured in one of Vivianna Does Makeup posts for an everyday lipstick. One of my first Mac lipsticks was this one called Patisserie, a gorgeous pinky nude. This is one of my most worn lip colours from all the lipsticks featuring in this post. I tend to wear it when I feel like going for a no-makeup makeup look. I would recommend this shade if you wear hardly any makeup. 


Last but not least, I have my Rouge Dior in 651 Rose Tourbillon (£25). This lipstick smell amazing. This lipstick has a creamy finish to it and lasts a very long time on the lips, so I would say definitely worth the price. It is a lovely pink, actually comes out a little darker than the swatch in the picture. I love the packaging, it just screams high-end and love the Dior writing on the lipstick. Usually wear this during special occasions, it's not my everyday lipstick. 

Moving onto darker shades, I usually use these on my clients, they are my all time favourite shades from my kit.


I love Russian Red for brides, however, there are different shades of red that suit different skin colours. However, this colour in particular is a primary red, which can suit everybody. It has a Matte finish, however, is not as drying as Mac's Ruby Woo is. It is alot darker than Ruby Woo too. 


This is Rebel and has a Satin finish. I am in love with this colour for the winter period. I have worn this once and love how well it lasts on the lips. The colour is more of a plumy purple opposed to Mac's Cyber which is a true Aubergine purple. Rebel also suits a variety of skin shades, and I would say this is another universal shade. 


Finally, I have Girl About Town, my much loved bright fuchsia pink. This is an Amplified lipstick, very creamy. Girl about town falls under the 'bluey' tones, however, I would say this colour suits lighter, warmer or dark undertones. A definite must have shade. 

I hope you all enjoyed reading this post. 

Lots of Love
Avi 
xxx
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment