Sunday 10 November 2013

What's in my Makeup Kit: Foundations, concealers and powders

Hi Everyone, this is my second post on what's in my makeup kit. This is going to be about the foundations, concealers and face powders needed for a starter makeup kit. I mainly use M.A.C products, there are other foundations and concealers in my kit too, such as Supercover. It all depends on what you prefer. 


Starting off with foundations, you don't need every single foundation colour in your kit. You are better off getting the 2 lightest shades, 2 medium shades and 2 dark shades as you can always mix foundations together to get the perfect match for your client. 

I use M.A.C Studio Fix Fluid SPF15 foundation, costs £21.50. This foundation is quite heavy and very good for brides. In my kit, some of the shades in my kit are as follows: NC15, NC25, NC35, NC37, NC40, NC42, NC43.5, and NC55. M.A.C's foundation shades come in NCs and NWs, NC foundations are for pinky undertones, and NW foundation shades for warmer skin tone, so yellow undertones.

Like foundations, concealers can be mixed, I mainly use M.A.C's Select Coverup, but also have some Studio Finish concealers both priced at £15. Some of the colours include: NC15, NC30, NW30, NC35, NW35, NC42 and NW40. 

Face powders are also important for setting foundation, when starting up, you could just use translucent powder to set. I will show you two types of compact powders in my kit, M.A.C's blot pressed powder, costs £20 and M.A.C's mineralize skinfinish natural, costs £22. The blot powder is really good for oily skin, it is quite a heavy powder, and mineralize skinfinish can be used on natural to dry skin and does what it says, gives a natural finish.

Next post is going to be on some cheek products in my kit. 

Thanks for Reading
Lots of Love, 
Avi 
xxx

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If i am a MAC NC30 what is the best shade for supercover to use??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I would also like to know the best supercover shade for nc30. The website is so confusing.

    ReplyDelete