Monday 17 June 2013

4 simple ways to leading a healthy lifestyle

Hello everyone! Hope your all doing good. I thought I'd share some tips with you on how I stay healthy. I am defiantly not a nutritionist, but this has really worked for me over the past 6 to 8 months, so I wanted to share my experiences with you all. There are different ways of staying healthy which might work for other people, and I would recommend doing research and finding suitable ways for yourself and I hope these tips help you kick start your healthy lifestyle. These are basic tips which have really helped me lose weight and stay heatlhy: 

1) Eat healthy 
The first thing to do is put away all the process foods and start afresh by eating healthy. I personally stopped going to fast food restaurants, stopped eating burgers and fries. They are honestly not good for you. The reason to why I stopped eating fast foods is because I noticed that every time I would eat a burger, whether it be from McDonalds or Burger King or any other place I would get sick straight away. So I completely stopped eating fast foods. 

It is important to eat 3 meals a day, a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner, dieting is going to take you nowhere! For breakfast, I usually eat a low calorie cereal with dried fruits in it with low fat milk. I do watch what I eat, I am not a crazy fanatic of eating healthy, but having 5-a-day is important. I do feed my body, if your on a diet, your not helping your body. You need to feed your body properly to ensure it is healthy. 

I do give myself a treat, once a week I do eat out so I am not a healthy eating freak. Just be sure to feed your body what it needs.  

2) Drink plenty of water 
I make sure I drink 9 to 12 glasses of water a day. Water helps flush any impurities in your body, helps with clearer skin and is really good to keep your hair hydrated. I have stopped drinking fizzy drinks. Fizzy drinks are really bad for your body, do not help in losing weight, and have loads of sugar in them. I always used to break-out a lot and once I stopped drinking fizzy drinks, my break-outs disappeared straight away. 

3) Exercise
Exercising is very important to keep your body active. I do not go to the gym, I just exercise at home. Even though it means going for a walk or a jog. It is very important to keep your muscles active and keep the bloody flowing. 

I do not exercise every single day, you need to give your body rest. I would recommend giving your body a break. I exercise only 4 days out of the 7 days a week because the other 3 days I do give my body a break so that my muscles can get a chance to replenish.

4) Yoga 
Yoga and exercise is not the same thing, Yoga is a way to relax your inner-self. Yoga helps with detoxifying and relaxing the body and increases flexibility  I would recommend doing yoga once a week, you can get many DVDs on yoga, so do your research. 

I know these are very simple tips, but as I mentioned earlier I have stuck to this routine for the past 8 months and this has really worked for me and improved the overall health of my body. Let me know if you have any further tips. 

Lots of Love 
Avi 
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment