Tuesday 4 June 2013

My favourite contour and highlighting palettes

Hello everyone! Hope your all doing well and enjoying the lovely weather! I decided to show you what I use to contour and highlight. I do not contour everyday, only during special occasions. I do love bronzing though, I will do a post soon on my favorite bronzing products.  




I have been loving the Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette (higher-end) and the Sleek contour and highlight palette (drug store/ highstreet).  I know Sleek is not available in the US, but you can order online. I do love to use the Real Techniques brushes to contour and highlight, I will also do a post soon about all the Real Techniques brushes which I am obsessed with! Let's get started! 



1) Naked Flushed Palette




This is an amazing palette for contour and highlighting! You have the Bronzer which is a Matte finish, the Highlighter which is an iridescent finish and the Blush which is a Satin finish. I am not a fan of the blush though, just not my type of blush. It is too pink, very sheer, have to keep building up, doesn't blend very well, however, that is my opinion. But on the positive note, I love the bronzer and the Highlighter. I have used this a lot, still  looks like I've barely used it! 

I feel the bronzer is very sheer, you have to keep building to get it to show. Getting a lot of product on a brush will make it hard to blend. So building the product slowly and blending as you go along will ensure that you don't have harsh lines under your cheeks or your jaw or forehead. 

The highlighter is so pigmented, you just need to pick up very little to highlight. But overall, great product for contouring and highlighting! I picked this palette up from Debenhams for £11.25 because I had £5 to spend on my beauty points card and they had 25% off all beauty products. It is originally £20 so I got a bargain!

Overall, I would defiantly recommend this product for contour and highlighting. 

2) Sleek Makeup contour kit




I love this product, comes in 3 different shades: light, medium and dark. I have the medium one. I do not use the contour as much because I feel like its too dark, takes a bit of work to blend it in, so I prefer the Urban decay one. But, the highlighter on this is amazing! Usually wear this highlighter on a day to day basis, just need very little and it just highlights perfectly. I picked this up from Superdrug for £6.49, it is inexpensive. You can order online from www.sleekmakeup.com.

3) Brushes for Contour and Highlighting


To contour I use the Real Techniques contour brush from the core collection to contour. Fits perfectly under cheek bones, it picks up product on the tip of the brush. The bristles around it help it blend well. I will do a separate post on the different uses of each of the Real Techniques brushes. 

To highlight I use the duo-fiber contour brush from the Real Techniques limited edition brush set. Love this for highlighting because you can build on the highlight without making it look 'cakey'. I haven't tried it for contouring as yet, but it is perfect for highlighting! 


Lots of Love
Avi
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment