Saturday 15 June 2013

NARS Orgasm Illuminator Review and How I use it



Hi Everyone! Hope your all doing well. I have a review of the NARS Illuminator in Orgasm and how I use it. I know a lot of people have a love hate relationship with this illuminator, but I love it! 

I ordered the Copacabana illuminator, but unfortunately that was way to silver for my skin tone so I instead exchanged it for this one. I know not many places in England take back cosmetics, so I ordered mine from ASOS because they do offer refunds and exchanges with cosmetics. It costs £21.50 , however, I got 20% off it because they had an offer on some beauty products. 

It has sort of peachy undertones to it and is a very very sheer illuminator, hence why some people do not like it. I have been experimenting with it, trying to discover a way to wear this illuminator and have found the perfect way. It gives a perfect wet, dewy and fresh glowy summery feel look. 



As you can see from the swatch above, its not too shimmery, doesn't add that much color to my skin tone and gives a nice wet glow. 

I tried mixing it with my foundation, I did like how my foundation looked, but I would not do that all the time. So I decided to try it on top of my foundation, just on my cheek bones to give that highlighted look, I absolutely loved it. Gave the best fresh glow to my skin, and I love the way it smells. Smells like orange chocolates. 

Recently I have discovered another way of applying Orgasm and I find that technique works best for me. I apply my moisturiser and then dot this on the areas that I really want to highlight. I apply this on my cheekbones, Chin, and my T-zone area (note, I only do this because my skin is very dry). 

I blend using my fingers and then dot my foundation on my face and blend with a buffing brush. I just love this technique because it gives a very fresh look, and adds dimension to the face, instead of just a flat face. When I do want more of a highlight to the cheeks i do add a little more just to the cheekbones, just a tiny little dot, you really don't need a lot.

Overall, I would recommend this product if you are looking for something that will really give that "oomph" factor to your face! Let me know if you have tried this product before, and leave your thoughts in the comments! 

Lots of Love
Avi 
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment