Saturday 1 June 2013

How I conceal my blemishes

Hello Everyone! Hope your all doing well! This blog is all about giving you tips on how to conceal blemishes. I know concealing is not that hard, just pop some foundation on and then concealer, but this technique does not work for me. I find that as the day goes by, the concealer starts to slip off and my blemishes and break outs are visible again. So I am going to share with you how I avoid this problem by using the following products:
1) Moisturise skin 
The first step is to moisturise your skin, I have done a blog post on what I use to moisturise my skin. If you want to prime your skin using a primer, feel free to do so, I do not prime on a daily basis.

2) Conceal blemishes and breakouts 
I know many make-up Gurus and artists believe in concealing after foundation because it is believed that foundation will just wipe of the concealer. The reason to why I apply my concealer before using foundation is that the foundation seals the concealer. I usually use the MAC studio finish concealer because the formula of the concealer is pretty heavy, personally, for me water based concealers do not conceal well. I prefer a thicker and creamier texture. You have to be careful when applying the first layer, use very little concealer. I apply the concealer on my blemishes with my fingers using a dabbing/stippling motion. I feel using fingers helps control the amount of concealer you pick up. If you rub the concealer into the skin, this will not conceal anything. 

3) Apply Foundation 
I know I mentioned very sheer foundations in the previous post about my top 3 foundations, however sheer foundations will not do the job to cover breakouts. I only use the MAC select foundation when I feel I need a bit more coverage. This foundation has been discontinued, I am so gutted because I did like this foundation. There are other Mac foundations that offer the same coverage, like the studio fix. I feel that with this foundation you can actually build up to a heavy coverage. I usually dot the foundation on my face, I go for a light medium coverage because I do not like to build up to a heavy coverage. This foundation is a matte finish, but for some reason, it worked perfect with dry skin. I like to use a foundation brush because I feel that it does not wipe the concealer away like a buffing brush would,

4) Apply more concealer 
I know this might sound too much. But layering the products helps them stay better. When doing this you want to make sure you pick up very little concealer and just lightly dab. This way it does not look 'cakey' but the breakouts are still covered. 

5) Use a powder to seal everything
I use a translucent powder because using a coloured powder could make everything look very cakey. I use the Mac prep and prime transparent powder. I use a small fluffy brush to just push the powder onto the concealed areas. Using a stippling motion allows in sealing better and does not disturb the concealer and foundation. 

This does not take a very long time to do. If you do use this technique then please let me know how it worked for you.

Lots of Love 
Avi 
xx

2 comments:

  1. This is lovelyyy :) I always see how different make up can be in some countries, and I always see zoella's videos or UK blogs and omg, I'm messed up, there a looot of things there that I don't have here and I want to go swimming, get the stuff and come back haha. You have a lovely, lovely blog ♥
    Hope you're enjoying your day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Really appreciate it!

      Delete